Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Valentine's Day Swap!

Hooray for themed swaps! Today I posted a wonderful Valentine package for my Irish friend Claire. I'm super excited about this swap because I found all sorts of lovely things that I think she'll love! Since Claire is hosting, she outlined that instead of just a "Valentine" swap, we should fill a small shoebox full of things we love and things we thing each other would love! In addition, we would prepare a scrapbook kit using things we already had. Lastly, (for the sake of Valentine's day) we would also put in heart things.

It was easy to find things for Claire, but sadly, hearts aren't my favorite shape (I like circles and squares in case you were wondering) so I didn't have many in my crazy craft cache. So, I decided that I would alter the "heart" part a bit and go for red things with a few heart things sprinkled in! That way it would still feel Valentine-ish.

For packaging, I found a shoebox that fit the profile, but it seemed a little lacking. Then I remembered I had pretty red/white reversible paper! Seriously, this is the cutest paper ever. I covered the outside of the box with the floral print and the inside with the striped pattern. To top it off, I lined it with red and white tissue paper and then crammed roughly 40 items into it!

I would love to show you the inside, but you'll have to wait until Claire receives it so I don't spoil the surprise!!

No peeking!


1 comment:

  1. omg! So excited!! I LOVE that paper, its so pretty. I posted urs this afternoon - both of them.. so hopefully you will get them soon :) Im just about to post a wee sneak peek of yours too

    ReplyDelete