Sunday, January 10, 2010

My art journal...first entry!

Here is the very first page in the altered journal that Claire made me! I would love to show a "before" picture, but blogger is being evil. The picture is turned on it's side so I'll try to post is later. Anyways, the first entry was to draw a self portrait. I've always had success sketching other people's likenesses, but self portraits have always been tough for me. So I decided to bust out a nice picture of me from the computer. I took a brown watercolor pencil and sketched out a rough copy of my face and then water colored the rest of it in. I maybe spent about 10 minutes on it, but it was a wonderful and relaxing project for a Sunday morning!

This is shot of my finished project. In case you're wondering, the spice rack next to the window is actually my new "embellishment" rack. My mom got me a spice rack from a garage sale just for this purpose. I dumped out the million year old spices and filled each vile with different things (brads, metal tags, pins, googlie eyes etc.). Oh, and yes that is an open window in the middle of January because here in California it's always a nice 72 degrees!

::sigh:: it's not my best work, but I did have fun making it. Anyways....first entry done!!







3 comments:

  1. Im so happy to see u working on this! woo!! its looks great. Cant wait to see what you do the rest of them. I should probably get my bum in gear and upload more photos of the journal naked that i sent to you!
    Ive just stuck ur blog on my faves bar so i can check it out loads :p

    Lots of love
    CLaire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good... its good to see you back at work. Your desk looks so lovely... miss you! xo Bryanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Wish I had that weather too! It is way too cold here for me and I hate the cold!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete