Friday, January 15, 2010

Buzzards....

So at work, this was my Pic-o-the-day from my Rube's Zoo daily calendar....


For some unknown reason it tickled my muse and I ended up busting out a poem on some scratch paper at work. The whole thing took me a whopping 5 minutes to compose. It's not long, funny, lovely or "poetic" by any means, but it's interesting. I'm always surprised by what my random psyche creates. Seriously, stuff like this just happens. I'll see something and it will spawn some creative reaction. I don't really choose what tickles my inner imagination, they just pop out at random. That's why it's sometimes hard for me to "be creative" on the spot. So without further ado...."Buzzards"

Buzzards flying in the sky
circling round, very high.
waiting for their prey to die
in the sand, so dusty dry.

Seeing death upon the hill,
they swoop down, to eat their kill;
tearing flesh with mindless skill,
eating 'til they've had their fill.

Buzzards finished with their prey
bellies full, they fly away.
Evening comes to take the day;
shadows left, on bones of grey.













2 comments: