Thursday, March 11, 2010

The apple doesn't fall far...

I was wandering through my photos today trying to organize things a bit when I found this....


....A picture of my mom and I around my Nana's kitchen table. This photo wasn't retouched in any way, just scanned as is. I've had it in the depths of my computer photo files, but I guess it got lost in the shuffle.

Above the sink, where the light is pouring in through a giant window,There is a vast, New Mexico prairie. There's probably a cow or two in the pasture wandering around and a fence beyond it somewhere in the distance.

I love this picture. It's hard to believe I had hair that blond or that long now that it's cropped close in a bob. The iced tea spoons on the table. Reaching for a watercolor pencil to "color" while my mother sketched out a beautiful flower to later be enhanced by water. How young she looks....

What a great moment captured.

No comments:

Post a Comment