Monday, May 11, 2009

Poppies!!!

So, a really cool gal (MonkeysInk) from swap-bot sent me a fun package for a recent swap. Inside was a really fun (and might I add beautiful) mini album along with the template. It was so different and fun that I decided to make one for myself using the Autumn Leaves "Pretty Poppies" collection. It's odd because I've never seen this style before and I considered myself pretty up to snuff with the latest and greatest templates. To keep the gift of scrapping rolling, I'm posting the link for the template of this album here


what's great about this album is that it's VERY quick to make. Paper bag albums and chunky books are time consuming, but I was able to whip this out in just a few hours. I think they would make awesome gifts for baby/bridal showers or for any holiday. I love how this album turned out, but I might pass it a long in a swap along with the template to keep the inspiration flowing. In fact, I was so inspired by this mini-album, that I'm trying some other new projects too. Thanks again MonkeysInk for such a wonderful inspirational piece!

This is the Cover (the back, not shown has a giant Red Poppy)


The view after you untie the ribbon and open the first page



The view after you open the right panel

The view after folding out the center; with the 2 side panels closed and the center opened

The view with the 2 side panels open



5 comments:

  1. Very neat. I like this idea a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That album is SUPER cute, I think I am going to try and make one. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! SO cute. I'll have to check out the template and try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really fun to make! It's perfect for 8x8 scrapbook kits that come with coordinating paper, embellishments and punch-outs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too cute. Thanks for posting the template too!

    ReplyDelete