Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My latest creation!


Here is my latest creation: a 16 page, paperbag album made for my new "robot" friend, PolkaDotParliament, in a private swap on swap-bot.com! The colors and shape kind of took off on their own. I figured PolkaDot could fill it with pictures of her family and pets! This is the largest paperbag album I have created and I have to thank Miss PolkaDot for all her encouraging words and inspiration she has provided me these last few weeks :)

For those of you who don't know, paperbag albums are mini scrapbooks made from standard lunch size brown paper bags. They can be bound in a variety of different ways (like with ribbon, metal rings etc) and usually have a ton of embellishments (flowers, stickers, brads, tags etc). They come in a variety of shapes and forms (this style is also called a chunky book by some, but typically includes a different base other than a paperbag) and are small enough to be set out anywhere. Although they are small, they are far from quick to make. They require a lot of thought and design and adding pull outs and tags takes extra thought and time.

Pictured here is the entire album before I assembled it.


At first I wasn't sure what type of colors I should use as Miss PolkaDot has a wide variety of flavors and interests, but then I saw the Gypsy paper collection and used it as a base to get things rolling. When I started adding the flowers it looked more Hawaiian to me and I just went with it. I thought the fairy stickers fit right in and the pages just sort of created themselves! I have to say that this is probably my favorite paperbag album that I have created. I hope that Miss PolkaDotParliament likes it as much as I liked making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment